Social & Ethical Sourcing
The world is yours, and it’s our responsibility to care for it. We aspire to leave it a better place than when we arrived. Respect to Mother Earth.
Our social responsibility lives within our people - People Presence - to nurture our present environments, and be present for our people when they need it. It's our social responsibility to all - we have each other's back - from retail staff through to the talented makers that craft all aspects of our Down products, both near and far - One Love.
At Huffer, we take this seriously so commit to the highest of manufacturing standards offering you, our customer, Down garments we know you will not only love but also have the confidence to wear knowing they have been made in accordance with Internationally recognised Responsible Down Standard.
Mother HufferSteve Dunstan, Founder
What we have done
We are proud to say we are:
- 100% Responsible Down Standard for all down/feather products - Goal met
- 100% Global Recycled Standard - for insulation products - Goal met
- 100% Uzbeck free cotton - Goal met
- Cotton Pledge awarded- Goal met
100% of all CMT manufacturers agreed to Huffer’s Code of Conduct. Fundamental in the Code is the ILO’s Four Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work. This prohibits child labour; forced labour; discrimination and guarantees worker rights to freedom of association and collective bargaining.
What we have to complete
- We are working to ensure full auditing is conducted through our entire supply chain and we want our product to be made by people who are valued and rewarded appropriatley for their work – Goal met.
Recycled Down Programme
Huffer is aware of environmental impacts and have formed a sustainable process for all Down products purchased. Any Huffer Down product that is returned to be recycled, Huffer will reward the customer with a $50 gift voucher. If the garment is received in good condition it will be donated to charity.